Traditional trenching creates deep trenches, while microtrenching cuts less deep and less wide. With microtrenching, operators create a narrow, shallower trench; this method is a great workaround when you want to create a light footprint, making minor excavations that are less invasive and disruptive to the environment. Microtrenching is becoming increasingly popular for excavating asphalt, and works well for fiber-optic or small conduit jobs, saving on time and money–all while causing less disruption to existing roadways.
As a Ditch Witch dealer, Ditch Witch West is proud to carry a wide variety of microtrenchers. Let’s take a look at our lineup and its features.
With the MT12, install fiber optics at lightning speed. The MT12 offers utility tractors a cost-effective solution for installing fiber-optic cable along paved rights-of-way. The narrow, small trench enables contractors to install fiber shallower than other utilities, causing minimal disruption to the surrounding infrastructure. With a quick, efficient pass, utility contractors can get the job done without blocking traffic or causing major obstructions in busy paved areas. With the MT12, contractors enjoy:
- Improved productivity. By minimizing site disruption, operators save on time and money.
- Efficient cuts. Choice of 4 specialty saw blades cleanly create an asphalt trench in one pass, reducing labor expense.
- Durable blades.
- Superior maneuverability. The MT12 can be manually tilted 6 degrees to the right or left for trenching on uneven surfaces.
The MT16 microtrencher cleanly cuts through asphalt or concrete, helping utility contractors install fiber optic cable with ease. Designed for fast fiber installation, the MT16 helps contractors reduce cost-per-foot, outperforming traditional installation methods with precision and minimal obstruction to the current infrastructure. Compact yet construction-grade, the MT16 totes great maneuverability, navigating tough jobs in tight spaces with unbeatable efficiency. Some notable features of the MT16 include:
- Clean cuts. Designed for use with the HX75 vacuum excavator, the MT16 makes clean cuts through asphalt or concrete–all in one, efficient pass.
- Efficient. The saw articulates up to 6 degrees, allowing for a tighter cut radius, creating ease and efficiency around corners or cul-de-sacs.
- Versatile. Compatible with a variety of unique saw blades, the MT16 can be used with anything from standard carbide-tipped blades to PDC diamond-embedded carbide blades.
- More control. The standard hydraulic plunge minimizes the need for manual adjustments and provides optimal depth control.
With the MT26 microtrencher, operators reduce their cost–per-foot by creating clean, smooth trenches with just one pass. The MT26 makes clean trenches from 1.5-in to 3-in wide and 26-in deep in one easy pass, all with a standard hydraulic trench cleaner. Benefits of the MT26 include:
- Efficient cuts. Equipped with a standard hydraulic plunge, this model eliminates the need for manual adjustment and provides infinite variable depth control.
- Versatility. The MT26 comes standard with a saw swing, slide, lift, level, tilt and grinch cleaners, with vac port and spoil chutes as optionally available, giving the microtrencher the versability to adapt to the demands of any jobsite.
- Durable blades. The MT26 can be equipped with a wide variety of unique blades from standard carbide-tipped blades to Ditch Witch exclusive PDC blades with diamond embedded carbide.
- Optimal performance. The MT26 hydraulic accumulators maintain constant down pressure on the saw for the cleanest cut possible.
Reach Out to Us
Our equipment specialists are here to help match you and the team with the best equipment for your jobsite needs. Reach out to us or visit us at one of our many locations across the West to discuss your jobsite needs. Be sure to take a look at our MT9 microtrencher and concrete mixer as well, and let us know if you’d like to be updated about new equipment available on our lineup.